Raw dog food is not necessarily a new idea. People have been feeding their canine companions real food, like raw meat and fresh vegetables, as long as dogs have been domesticated. Yet with the invention of commercial dog meal, people began to think this was their only option or that it was the healthier option. Neither of these sentiments is true.
Another thing holding people back from giving their dogs the nutrition and taste they deserve is time. It takes considerable time to formulate a proper diet for your canine. Not only do you need to plan their diet according to their unique nutritional needs, but you also must make the food, and then store it for later use. Enter dog meal delivery.
You can now have quality meals made from fresh ingredients like raw meat, natural oils, vegetables, and natural proteins delivered right to your door. Dog food delivery takes the hassle from feeding your furry friend the healthy food they deserve. But why is this so important?
Dog food made from scratch is immensely better than commercial food, which contains a lot of things your dog shouldn’t eat. A few things included in commercial dog foods are:
* Artificial colouring
These can cause many health issues in your pet, from obesity to digestive problems and heart disease to diabetes. This is because dogs were never meant to eat these foods, which means their bodies are not built to process them properly. The only reason they are included in commercial dog food is that they are cheap. The primary concern of most big dog food corporations is turning a profit rather than the health of your canine.
Whether or not you utilise a dog food delivery company, there are specific things your dog was made to eat. Companies who have engineered their own raw dog food plans have done so based on a diet your dog would have traditionally followed. Eighty percent of this is raw protein, such as beef, liver, egg, and chicken. The other twenty percent is a combination of vegetables and natural oils, such as cod liver oil, coconut oil, broccoli, kelp, and carrots.
This type of diet offers many benefits to your dog. Just a few of them include:
* Raw food plans are biologically better for your canine – it is literally what they were designed to eat
* No fillers or chemicals are added, which reduces or alleviates the risk of many diseases
* Your dog will feel fuller after each meal, which equates to a lower risk of obesity
* It tastes better, which will make your dog excited for each meal
* Raw dog food plans utilise a diversity of ingredients which ensure (A) your dog does not get bored with his food, and (B) he gets all the vitamins, minerals, and nutrients he needs to be his healthiest
* Better nutrition directly correlates with a longer lifespan, and one with longer mobility and less pain